Saturday, January 3, 2015

Selfie

Selfie.

Don't pretend you don't agree. It's everywhere, just almost everywhere! BuzzFeed is talking about it, people are spoofing it, in fact, everyone's been talking to you about it.

Exploring it a bit further, I thought, does selfie limits itself to just taking and posting pretty grins, guffaws, arched eyebrow, pout. I researched. And, well, actually yes! Most selfies grins and guffaws and pouts.

But, one fine night, when I took yet another selfie , I thought it to be imperfect. There has to be more to me than just a face. I didn't struggle much to think further and slept.

Next morning, while reading newspaper, a print commercial caught my attention which somewhere in between said" Do what makes you happy inside. Do what makes you jump out of bed. Be real. Be yourself. It was of Jabong. http://www.afaqs.com/news/story/41977_Jabong-will-remain-Jabong (cannot help sharing) :-)

Then, I realized, this is what my selfie should say - selfie which changes with each passing day on a colourful canvas called life.

The day when I feel the bursts of bright red, flaming hot and high, appearing from the unseen depths of the heart, urging to conquer the world.

And, as this red colour retreats as fast as it comes, there would be days of dark, somber grey- weighing down on the heart, for a humdrum existence. But I would go on anyway. And as reward  of the determination to carry on, this grey fades, shade by shade, to a steely grey and then voila! - daffodil yellow!

The kind of yellow - of warmth of thousand splendid Sun-  making me feel thankful for what I have and for days to come. The kind of yellow that shows that the world may be blushy pink, envious green, gloomy grey, icy blue, but it could never ever be an impenetrable black!

So, today, one more time, I had dipped my brush and took a selfie. Canvas of life exploded in a rainbow as usual.



4 comments:

  1. Don't know why but this one is a little overwhelming for me (in a good way) and that is why I had to read it twice. The flow of words is amazing. My thoughts were changing colours in my mind with every line.
    keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to agree with Shilpi's comment (even at the cost of repetition :P) that this post is a little overwhelming at first because it connect something quite shallow (selfie) to something quite deep (numerous shades of life). However this is what makes it special and worth many reads. As usual im in love with your positivity to enjoy life's every color and its every shade! :-) Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Anushree...really love your style of writing.

    ReplyDelete